Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chris Botti in Boston



I know that the CD was released forever ago and I have probably owned it for almost a year now, but I do not promote this CD enough. It is amazing! It's funny because I have liked Chris Botti for a while now, but I did not realize this new CD had come out until someone was counseling with me over potential gifts for a mutual friend. I told her that i hadn't heard the CD yet and did not know what my recommendation would be. Boy would I take that back now. My recommendation is high, sky-high, no, it's space-high. Let's just say, I LOVE THIS CD! (As a side note, I have contemplated the use of some rating system and everything seemed cliche, so I am going with . . nothing. Maybe people will just have to actually read the posts.) Anyway, as I was saying, I LOVE THIS CD! Chris Botti is a jazz trumpet player. If you are into jazz or trumpet music, you are probably aware of him already because he is one of the best selling jazz/trumpet players of our day. If you are not into jazz or trumpet music, this is the conversion album and gentlemen, this is the music a girl expects to hear playing when she walks into that candlelight dinner. Granted, it's not going to fill your appetites for hard rock, but surely everyone needs a calming, soothing, and relaxing break. This is the CD for that. Nothing is better at helping me unwind. Also it has a great mix, some strictly jazz-like pieces, some songs with only Botti, and a phenomenal list of guest stars, including Sting, Josh Groban, Steven Tyler, Yo-Yo Ma, Katherine McPhee, and John Mayer. Such a list of guest stars really helps to make this a conversion album. So, if you are looking for a fantastic backdrop to that peaceful, relaxing evening, my I recommend looking no farther than Chris Botti's album, Chris Botti in Boston.

To help get you hooked:

1 comment:

  1. I'm not typically a Chris Botti fan. Trumpets pale in comparison to strings and oboes (in my not so humble opinion). BUT -- considering this is the music I should expect to hear (should I ever be invited to a candlelight dinner), and considering that the clip you share here is, well, divine -- I might be almost convinced that I need this CD somewhere in my collection.

    ReplyDelete