Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ruby River Steakhouse

It has been a while since I ate there, but an even that my taste buds will not soon forget. Since I moved to Provo, I have been trying to avoid chain restaurants and eat more at the little places that can only be found in Provo. However, I think I have only eaten at Ruby River once in my life before recently, if that. I must start out by giving a shout out to my Aunt Lola and Uncle Robert who treated me, along with my cousin Cathy to this delicious meal. So I think I will go through each item I enjoyed off of the menu. I almost want to say that I am going to go through it from least to greatest, but I hate to call anything I ate there the 'least.'

Steamed vegetables were wonderful. Of course I like steamed vegetables and the fact that they are vegetables is probably why they earn the position of 'least.' It's an item that doesn't seem too difficult to get right and when done right, there's not much to distinguish it from some other place that does them right. Anyway, these were done right. Not to mushy, but not so crisp that you might as well be eating raw vegetables. They really were just right.

Bread was really good. I remember liking it and wanting to eat more and more of it, but I can't quite remember why. It was obviously fresh and good. That's all.

Baked potato with the works (minus chives - no need for those). This was amazing. It was also perfectly cooked. Not overly cooked to where it is leather and not raw and under cooked. Just right. The kind of potato you would use a s model to teach culinary arts students how a potato should feel when you stick it after baking. The ingredients were quality all the way around, which is appreciated, and at Ruby River they dip your baked potato in a batter and fry it, which adds quite a delicious flavor to the whole experience.


The steak was excellent. I think at some point someone requested A1 sauce, which I love and usually enjoy on my steak, but I don't remember if it was ever brought to the table. Also cooked perfect to my liking, the meat was tender and nice. Not chewy or tough by any means. And the reason that no sauce was required was because it was so well seasoned and flavored that it did not need anything else. One of the best steaks I have had in a really long time.

Finally, and this may seem strange coming in as the best part of the meal, especially considering how wonderful the steak was (and I'm not joking or exaggerating on that part), but the must try for everyone going to Ruby River Steakhouse is their home brewed Cream Soda. I must confess, I have never had hand crafted cream soda before, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it was manna in beverage form. Absolutely the best soda I have ever had. A definite 'do not miss' the next time you are in Ruby River Steakhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment